With Halloween right on our doorstep, why not experiment with some pumpkin juice that is sure to bring a smile to your little ones.
Pumpkin juice has several health benefits due to which it can be used as a healthy substitute for carbonated drinks. Moreover, pumpkin has a high content of vitamin D as well as minerals like copper, iron and phosphorus. Juicing is a suitable way to obtain these nutritional benefits of pumpkin.
- Pumpkin meat ( without the skin)
- 2 green apple
- Wash the outside of the pumpkin properly and peel the hard outer skin of the pumpkin.
- Deseed the pumpkin and cut it into small chunks.
- you can use the pumpkin seeds to make delicious pumpkin seed milk also
- Pumpkin juice can be served over ice to enhance its cooling and refreshing effect.
Benefits of pumpkins
Pumpkin Juice for Health:
The benefits of pumpkin juice are numerous. Just like the vegetable itself, pumpkin juice contains vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, E and beta carotene; minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron, sucrose and organic matter. It also contains carbohydrates and certain vital salts and proteins. Half a cup of pumpkin juice is recommended every day, thanks to its various medicinal and therapeutic properties. Some of its health benefits are given below.
1. Benefits Liver & Kidney:
Pumpkin juice is very beneficial for liver and kidney. Those suffering from kidney stones and gall bladder problems can improve their condition by drinking half a glass of pumpkin juice three times a day for ten days.
2. May Prevent Arteriosclerosis:
This orange colored juice is a great cleanser that helps to get rid of the old build-up of arterial deposits, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and stroke. The high content of anti-oxidants helps in preventing arteriosclerosis (hardening of arteries).
3. Aids Digestion & helps cure constipation:
Pumpkin juice is beneficial for the digestive system and is helpful in curing both constipation and loose motions due to its laxative action.
4. Aids Proper Functioning of Kidney & Urinary System:
This juice is effective in curing ulcers and acidity. It enables proper functioning of kidney and urinary system.
5. Good Sedative Benefits:
Due to its sedative properties, pumpkin juice is effective in curing insomnia. Insomnia patients are advised to drink a glass of pumpkin juice with honey.
6. Help with Lowering High Blood Pressure Risks & help to reduce Cholesterol:
It minimizes the risk of high blood pressure. It contains pectin which helps in reducing cholesterol.
7. Excellent Cooling Agent:
A mixture of pumpkin juice and honey is an excellent cooling agent and thus can be effective in lowering the body temperature.
8. Relieves Morning Sickness:
Pumpkin juice is effective in providing relief from morning sickness in pregnant women.
9. Heals Viral Hepatitis A & Reactivates Liver Function:
Those suffering from viral hepatitis A can benefit from drinking pumpkin juice as part of their regular diet. The biologically active substances present in it help in reactivating liver functions.