The Breuss Total Cancer Treatment
RUDOLF BREUSS – “To my mind, healing means returning a malfunctioning human body to full unrestricted function, not to remove parts of it by operation or amputation”
How It Works
The Breuss Total Cancer Treatment is a very rigid diet of fruits, vegetables and herbs that a person takes in liquid form for 42 days. Because cancer cells have a very different metabolism than normal cells, the Breuss diet is designed to starve the cancer cells to death by not providing any solid food proteins. But the diet does not harm normal cells.
The Breuss Total Cancer Treatment
The book that details the Breuss diet, The Breuss Cancer Cure, has sold over 900,000 copies, been translated into five languages, and claims to have led to over 45,000 testimonials from cured sufferers. Both the book and the diet are still actively being used. His book actually talks about multiple diseases.
The Breuss diet is based on a 42 day fast, but the definition of “fast” used in the Breuss diet actually includes certain types of foods, such as raw fruits and vegetable juices, all taken in liquid form. The theory is that cancer cells can only live on the protein of solid food. Therefore, if you drink nothing but vegetable juice and teas for 42 days the cancerous cells die while the normal cells continue to thrive.
“Breuss juice vegetable juice that consists of 55% red beet root, 20% carrots, 20% celery root, 3% raw potato, 2% radishes … The potato is optional except for liver cancer where it plays an important part.”
300 grams of Red Beets
100 grams Carrot
100 grams Celery root
approximately 30 grams Black Radish
(Note: this is a very simplified explanation, you need to read the book.)
If you look at the formula for the Breuss juice, during the fast, you will note that there is virtually no glucose or other sugars in the formula. Since his diet was probably developed by trial and error, it is curious that it evolved to exclude fruit juices and contains virtually zero glucose and other sugars. Perhaps the diet works for a different reason than Breuss thought. Cancer cells are very inefficient at processing glucose and other sugars and that the formula literally starves the cancer cells to death by depriving them of glucose and other sugars. Normal cells can survive on much less glucose and other sugars because they are much more efficient at processing these items.
Supercharging This Treatment
Filtered green tea (to make sure there are no particles) and filtered Essiac tea are natural enhancements to the Breuss diet. Note that grape juice is NOT mentioned . This is because grape juice is very high in glucose and other sugars this diet works because of starving the cells to death of glucose and other sugars. Because this diet seems to be low in cancer cell killing agents, the use of Green tea and Essiac Tea will kill the cancer cells as they become weak.
• Because of the 42 day fast, a massive amount of family support will be needed for anyone on this diet. It may be necessary for someone to call the person on this diet every hour or so. Because this diet is starving the cancer cells to death, it is absolutely critical that no extra foods be taken. This is an “all or nothing” type of diet. If you make a major slip, definitely add the filtered green tea or filtered Essiac tea or both.
• Do not drink more than half a liter a day. Don’t swallow right away and salivate it well. The instructions are to take one half cup of cold kidney tea first thing in the morning. Then 30 to 60 minutes later take two cups warm herb tea made from St. John’s Wort, Peppermint and Lemon Balm. After another 30 to 60 minutes take a little vegetable juice and salivate well before swallowing. Fifteen to 30 minutes later take another sip of vegetable juice. You should take some juice 10 to 15 times throughout the morning but only when you feel like it.
In between, drink warm or cold sage tea without sugar, as much as you like. At noon take one half cup of kidney tea and again before retiring at night. In the afternoon take a few sips of tea.
• Any liquid should be sipped and well salivated. Kidney tea should be taken only during the first three weeks of the treatment. Along with this and throughout the time of therapy drink one cup of cold Cranesbill tea (geranium robertianum) per day. Cranesbill contains a little radium. Sipping small quantities of tea and juice stimulates the flow of saliva and reduces the workload of the intestines.
• For cancer of the bones and lungs, prepare a tea of Plantain (plantago major), Icelandic Moss, Lungwort, ground Ivy and Mullein. It does not matter if you can’t get them all.
Steep for 10 minutes and drink as much of this tea as you like, the more the better. In the case of tuberculosis you should also take one teaspoon of plantain seed along with a little water or tea.
• During the complete treatment you should not take any food other than the vegetable juice mixture.